- 1 Links
- 2 Documentation
- 3 Monitoring proxmox with zabbix
- 4 FAQ
- 4.1 Cores, sockets and vCPUs
- 4.2 Stop all proxmox services
- 4.3 switch to community repository
- 4.4 W: (pve-apt-hook) You are attempting to remove the meta-package 'proxmox-ve'!
- 4.5 unexpected property 'prune-backups' (500)
- 4.6 Error: VM quit/powerdown failed - got timeout
- 4.7 a used vhost backend has no free memory slots left
- 4.8 You have not turned on protection against thin pools running out of space.
- 4.9 serial console from command line
- 4.10 enable serial console in guest
- 4.11 TASK ERROR: command 'apt-get update' failed: exit code 100
- 4.12 Import vmdk to lvm
- 4.13 Can't apply changes to memory allocation
- 4.14 Adding hardware shows orange
- 4.15 "Connection error 401: no ticket"
- 4.16 can't lock file '/var/lock/qemu-server/lock-102.conf' - got timeout (500)
- 4.17 The current guest configuration does not support taking new snapshots
- 4.18 WARNING: Device /dev/dm-21 not initialized in udev database even after waiting 10000000 microseconds.
- 4.19 "connection error - server offline?"
- 4.20 Find vm name by id
- 4.21 Find ID by name
- Proxmox VE Administration Guide
- https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki Wiki
- Monitoring Proxmox with Zabbix
- Proxmox Backup Server
- Backup and Restore
pvecm status pvecm nodes
Monitoring proxmox with zabbix
Proxmox API call failed: Couldn't authenticate user: zabbix@pve
Funky characters in password string?
Cores, sockets and vCPUs
vCPUs is what the vm uses
Stop all proxmox services
systemctl stop pve-cluster systemctl stop pvedaemon systemctl stop pveproxy systemctl stop pvestatd
switch to community repository
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-enterprise.list #deb https://enterprise.proxmox.com/debian/pve buster pve-enterprise
echo "deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve buster pve-no-subscription" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-no-subscription.list
W: (pve-apt-hook) You are attempting to remove the meta-package 'proxmox-ve'!
cehck sources.list :)
unexpected property 'prune-backups' (500)
When for example Add: iSCSI Uncheck "Keep all backups" in "Backup retention"
Error: VM quit/powerdown failed - got timeout
qm stop VMID
if that complains about lock, remove the lock and try again
a used vhost backend has no free memory slots left
You have not turned on protection against thin pools running out of space.
serial console from command line
qm terminal <id}
enable serial console in guest
looks like this is not needed:
systemctl enable serial-getty@ttyS0.service
ttyS0 is for qm terminal, tty0 is for the "console" buttion in UI
- debian based
- redhat based
to /etc/pve/qemu-server/[vmid].conf and restart
agetty: /dev/ttyS0: not a device
systemctl status useless again, means the serial bit is missing from <vmid>.conf
TASK ERROR: command 'apt-get update' failed: exit code 100
subtle way of telling you to get subscription of at least change the sources list
Import vmdk to lvm
Can't apply changes to memory allocation
Maybe try enabling NUMA in CPU settings
Adding hardware shows orange
something is not supported (Options->Hotplug)
"Connection error 401: no ticket"
Login session expired?
can't lock file '/var/lock/qemu-server/lock-102.conf' - got timeout (500)
Maybe someone else has/had webui open
== TASK ERROR: Can't use string ("keep-all=0,keep-last=3") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/VZDump.pm line 502. ==
Classic, means incorrect syntax in your /etc/pve/storage.cfg
The current guest configuration does not support taking new snapshots
You're using raw instead of qcow2. Convert: Hardware->Hard disk "Move Disk"
WARNING: Device /dev/dm-21 not initialized in udev database even after waiting 10000000 microseconds.
Until someone fixes it:
"connection error - server offline?"
Try reconnection browser
Find vm name by id
grep name /etc/pve/nodes/*/qemu-server/101.conf |head -n 1
Find ID by name
grep -l "name: <NAME>" /etc/pve/nodes/*/qemu-server/*conf| sed 's/^.*\/\([0-9]*\)\.conf/\1/g'